“The Liebster award is an award given to bloggers by other bloggers! It has German origins and has several definitions: dearest, lovely, pleasant, and valued, among many others. This award is a great way to make connections with fellow bloggers, and support new blogs or blogs with less than 1,000 followers!”
I was nominated for my first blog award! I don’t think the world can understand how excited I am. I want to say a HUGE thank you to Zelynne Blog for nominating me! I am so grateful for all your support and your interaction on my blog! It’s so encouraging to know there are people out there who appreciate and enjoy my writing.
The award I was nominated for is called the Liebster Award. It’s a great way for bloggers to connect with each other and discover new blogs. The award winner answers 11 questions asked by whomever nominated them, writes ten random facts about herself (or himself), and then nominates 5-11 other blogs for the award. If you want to learn a little more about me, read on to see ten random facts about myself and my answers to the questions asked by Zelynn Blog!
I’d like to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award. I encourage you to check out their blogs and follow them!
10 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
- I love coffee and red wine, depending on the time of day.
- Horses are my favorite animal, and for a long time, I dreamed of owning a horse farm.
- If I didn’t have to pay bills, I would spend all my money traveling the world.
- If I could go anywhere, I would visit Venice, Italy.
- I spent time living in Texas and Oklahoma and grew a deep love for the South.
- I am passionate, opinionated, and strong-willed.
- I am an outgoing person and not easily embarrassed.
- I try to always be authentic and honest, while using discretion. It bothers me when people are fake.
- Besides being a mother, mentoring other women is the most fulfilling thing I’ve done.
- I am a very protective person. I fight hard for the people who are close to me or in my care.
QUESTIONS FOR ME FROM ZELYNNE BLOG
What is your favorite childhood movie?
101 Dalmatians! I watched this movie probably a thousand times when I was a kid! On top of that, I made all my friends watch it at least once (sometimes twice) whenever they came over to my house. I loved everything Dalmatian!
Do you think you are on the path to fulfilling your life goals?
Yes, I do. I think for a while I lost sight of what my life goals were, but after this past year, I feel like I’m back on track!
Do you have any regrets in life? (You don’t have to be specific).
No, I don’t think I do. I think it’s important to learn from our mistakes and let those lessons take us forward, rather than regretting a past we can’t change.
Are you a cat or dog person?
If I’m honest, I’d have to say I’m a cat person, but we actually own a dog! My husband is horribly allergic to cats, and we wanted a dog to protect the house and play with the kids. Now, I’m a cat person with a giant German Shepard, which is a little ironic.
What is your favorite TV show?
I think I like too many TV shows. Currently, some of my favorites are Fixer Upper, America’s Got Talent, and Madame Secretary.
How does blogging affect your life?
I started blogging for myself. As of right now, I don’t make any money doing this. Being a stay at home mom is amazing, but it can also feel very isolating. Without other adults to interact with, it’s easy to dwell on negative thoughts or over-analyze situations. Blogging allows me to purposefully sort through my thoughts and gives me something (besides my baby) to think about and plan for. I enjoy writing. I don’t claim to be great at it, but it’s good for me. It’s fulfilling to see something I wrote appreciated by others, and it breaks up the monotony of rewashing the dishes a thousand times. Plus, it give me something to talk about when my husband comes home. He isn’t really interested in hearing about how many poopy diapers I’ve changed or how many times I read Desirae her favorite book.
Do you play an instrument? If so, what kind of instrument?
Yes. I sing and play piano. I started learning the guitar once, but never stuck with it.
What is the “thing” that you have to have in your purse or pocket all the time?
Hair ties! I always have two hair ties on my wrist. I’m horrible at doing my hair, so I need something to keep it out of my face when necessary.
Who inspires you the most?
This is a hard question, as there are many people who inspire me for different reasons. My husband inspires me to pursue my dreams, be myself, and be a loving wife. My mom and my sister inspire me to be a Godly woman and great mother. My current, public inspiration is Joanna Gaines from Fixer Upper. She is an inspiration to me because she demonstrates that dreaming big, loving God, being a great mom, and having a healthy marriage, all at the same time, is possible.
What is your greatest fear?
I think that my greatest fear is that I won’t fulfill my passions and dreams, or that I will utterly fail at them.
Two books that you will bring with you in an island.
This is hard because I LOVE reading. (Can I just bring a Kindle instead?) I suppose I would bring the Bible and The Lord of The Rings Trilogy.
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- If you could magically be great at one thing, what would it be?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Describe your perfect vacation.
- What do you do for fun?
- What are your pet peeves?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What is your primary motivation in life?
- What is one of your most recent achievements?
- Who inspires you?
- Why did you start blogging?
THE OFFICIAL RULES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions from the Blogger that nominated you.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Ask your nominees to answer 11 questions.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1,000 followers.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it and know what to do! (they might not have ever heard of it!)
- Post your Liebster Award blog post link in the comments of your nominator’s Liebster Award Post!